Each situation is different and Smooth Transitions is here to help as little or as much as you need. Smooth Transitions is designed to fill in on the things that seniors and their family members can't or don't want to do. It can mean a consulting session for those who can do some of the things themselves or doing each step of the move from start to finish.
Selecting a new place to move, sorting through a lifetime of treasures, deciding what to take, what furniture will fit, finding a mover, packing, unpacking, setting up the new home, getting rid of leftovers…this can all be overwhelming! Smooth Transitions minimizes the chaos and stress associated with moving by creating a customized action plan and handling all the details of your move. With our gentle and expert guidance, you and your family can make the key decisions without the emotional and physical stress that follows. For out of town family members, Smooth Transitions provides peace of mind that someone is coordinating your family members affairs with the same personal attention you would give.
Call Us 253-245-0151
Relocation and Move Management
Before you call the mover , Call Us! A Senior Move Manager is the secret to a Smooth Transition and reducing the stress of your move. We can:
- Work with you to establish a timeline and a move plan based on your needs and budget.
- Manage the project and help keep everyone on the same page.
- Solve floor space and planning challenges by creating a layout and helping you choose what items will fit in your new home
- Provide referral services to help you save time and money through trusted vendors.
- Declutter by guiding you through a process that allows you to let go of those things that are no longer useful so you don't pay to pack and move excess items.
- Packing. We provide all of the boxes and packing materials and pack with care.
When the big day arrives sit back and relax or go out for the afternoon! We will:
- Box up last minute food, bathroom and wardrobe items.
- Oversee the move on both ends.
- Direct furniture placement.
- Unpack & Setup your new home.
After the move return home and enjoy a turnkey experience with:
- All your rooms set up.
- Your cupboards, closets and refrigerator organized.
- Bedding made and towels hung.
- Removal of boxes and packing materials: All that cardboard, crate and packing paper; gone! We re-use or recycle so it is out of your way and out of the landfill.
- Removal of belongings left behind in the old house.
Estate Liquidation, Cleanout and Estate Closure
There may come a point in your life where you need to do a major downsizing or handle the death of a loved one.
A death in the family introduces a whole new set of responsibilities, from removing personal belongings to the complete shutdown of an established home site. Daily responsibilities or distances can make these tasks seem even more overwhelming. Smooth Transitions can help make these tasks feasible and timely. Working under the direction of family members, attorneys or trust officers, we organize and distribute the estate according to your wishes. From the most simple sorting to arrangements for cleaning, repair work, and coordinating realtor services, taking the pressure off already trying times is as easy as a phone call to us.
Downsizing, Organizing or Re-Design
Do it now while YOU are making the decisions- A Senior Move Manger is your partner for aging in place or bridging the gap to a new lifestyle.
You have heard it called many things downsizing, rightsizing, decluttering, minimizing or organizing. All of those terms revolve around the same thing...getting rid of all of that excess stuff you have accumulated over the years. Don't wait until others are making the decisions about your belongings. The good news is you don't have to be moving to start the process. If you start NOW, your home can become more manageable and safer for you as you age. Smooth Transitions can:
- Sort and group items for storage in containers
- Organize documents and arrange for destruction of outdated personal records
- Depersonalize and remove items from the house prior to putting the house on the market
- Pack and ship items to family members
- Identify items for sale or donations
- Document items donated for tax records
- Remove and dispose of unwanted items that cannot be sold or donated
- Reorganize household items and furnishing to accommodate special physical needs
Moving Mom & Dad, Senior Move Management
Bridging the communication gap and helping your aging parents relocate
Many people today are facing tough decisions about relocating aging parents. Relocation is stressful at any time but especially when mom and dad are reluctant to address the issue. There are common mistakes children of aging parents make and we can help you avoid them. We’ll tackle the why, where, what, how and when of moving aging parents to make it easier for everyone! Smooth Transitions can help with:
- How to Know When It Is Time to Move
- Dealing with Resistance
- Senior Living Options in Western Washington
- Key Questions to Ask When Researching Assisted Living and Long-term care communities
- Sidestepping the Pitfalls of Moving
- The Upside to Downsizing – Getting Rid of Unwanted Items